PLI Student Resources
- PLI Student Calendar Schedules of classes, due dates, events, etc. via Google Calendar
- New Students Map UC Berkeley offices you will need to go to to get set up as a new student, plus places to eat, drink, and park.
- PLI Electronic Document Convention Instructions for preparing and submitting documents/assignments
- How to Convert Your Documents to the Portable Document Format (PDF) Your PLI Master's Project must be submitted as a single PDF
- How to Apply for the Administrative Services Credential (Preliminary, Certificate of Eligibility, Internship, Tier II)
- GSE Course Evaluation Survey (CalNet Login) You will be asked to evaluate your courses at the end of each semester.
- Berkeley's new Learning Management System (LMS) powered by Canvas.
- LOGIN Your PLI ePortfolio, Assessment and Data Analysis Tool.
- Your PLI Course Reading Materials.
- HumanMetrics Jung Typology Test used pre-Summer #1 to establish your MBTI score
- The Principal Leadership Institute's research is powered by survey software
- Follow Us:
- Credit Card Payment form (for your required Chalk & Wire ePortfolio subscription)
- PLI Student Practicum Form We will need your work information in Summer #2 for Practicum in School Site Management documentation and to complete our Standards Certification form that will accompany your Credential Application (ASC Preliminary or Certificate of Eligibility).
- PLI MA Report Form We will need your Master's Project title, readers, and approval dates in order to prepare your MA Report form and collect reader signatures for you.
- The Good High School: Portraits of Character and Culture, by Sara Lawrence-Lightfoot
- Leading from the Inside Out: Expanded Roles for Teachers in Equitable Schools, by W. Norton Grubb and Lynda Tredway (Teacher's Toolkit) (Leading from the Inside Out is included in The Teacher's Toolkit - "Written by prominent scholars, the six books in this attractively boxed set present the most successful teacher practices from research, experience, and wisdom.")
- Leading and Learning: Effective School Leadership Through Reflective Storytelling and Inquiry, by Fred Steven Brill
- ASCD: Educational Leadership - Articles, Resources for Educators
- Education Week
- Public Education Network (PEN)
- Rethinking Schools - The Magazine
- Phi Delta Kappan Magazine
- Teachers College Record - The Voice of Scholarship in Education
- Nassp.org – Leading Schools
- NAESP | National Association of Elementary School Principals
- Association for Middle Level Education
- RAND Education Publications
UC Berkeley Resources on the Web
CalNet and Campus Systems
CalNet ID your username for many web-based campus services.
Your CalNet ID is your online identity at UC Berkeley. It will be used for system access log-ins and authentication, and it will be your campus email address when combined with @berkeley.edu (e.g., the CalNet ID “oskibear” becomes “firstname.lastname@example.org” as an email address).
- keep it short -- you will be typing it often
- keep it professional -- professors and future employers will see you CalNet ID in your campus email address
- make it yours -- since your CalNet ID serves as your username in many campus collaboration systems, consider including all or part of your name
- In order to create your CalNet ID, you will need your Student Identification (SID) and the Personal Identification Number (PIN) that was provided by the email from the Graduate Admissions office (if you cannot locate these, please contact them at email@example.com).
- CalNet Customer Support (activating your CalNet ID, changing/resetting your passphrase)
- Your CalNet ID is your online identity at UC Berkeley. It will be used for system access log-ins and authentication, and it will be your campus email address when combined with @berkeley.edu (e.g., the CalNet ID “oskibear” becomes “firstname.lastname@example.org” as an email address).
- CalCentral (CalNet Login) an online system that students use to enroll in classes at Berkeley and get information regarding registration, grades, financial aid, billing, class schedule, and more.
- CalNet Directory contains records for current faculty, staff, and students at UC Berkeley.
- Cal 1 Card your official campus ID. All current students, faculty, and staff are required to get a Cal 1 Card. How do I get one?
- NEW! Cal Student Central Need a transcript? Have questions about your financial aid or a hold on your registration? Cal Student Central is your new destination for key university business related to financial aid, fees and billing, payments, disbursements, registration and enrollment.
Campus Email and Course Management Systems
bConnected your @berkeley.edu e-mail account: Berkeley's implementation of Google Apps for Education, including Mail, Calendar, and Docs/Drive.
- How do I forward my mail? Set a forwarding account in bMail.
- bCourses Berkeley's new Learning Management System (LMS) powered by Canvas. (replacing bSpace in fall 2014-spring 2015)
- Software Central software downloads for UC Berkeley faculty, staff, and students, including email client software, other Internet applications, security applications such as firewall and antivirus, and other utilities.
Campus Wi-Fi Options
- AirBears2 is an enhanced replacement service for AirBears. It provides simplified authentication for campus users, and improved confidentiality for data being transmitted wirelessly. Currently it does not have support for guest accounts.
Graduate School of Education
- Graduate School of Education
GSE Email Lists FAQ (PLI Email lists are maintained separately by the program)
gse_business (comprised of gse_students, gse_staff and gse_faculty)
- gse_students - New students are added at the beginning of the semester, and removed when noted by the Registrar (usually a semester after graduation)
Office of the Registrar
Office of the Registrar - Current Students
- Academic Records & Transcripts
- Systems Tutorials
- Student Health Insurance Plan (SHIP): Information About Waiving SHIP Enrollment and Online Waiver Application.
- Student Billing Services information about University loans and your Campus Accounts Receivable System (CARS) account.
UC Berkeley Library
The UC Berkeley Library
- Information for Graduate Students
- Education-Psychology Library (EDP)
- Social Welfare Library (SOCW)
- Printing and Scanning in the Libraries Copy machines in the UC Berkeley libraries have been replaced with BookScan stations attached to printers. All printing, from the BookScan stations and from public workstations in the libraries, must be paid for using the Cal 1 Card payment system.
- Using Your Cal 1 Card to Print/Scan
- Off-Campus Access to Library Resources
- Connecting from Off Campus If you connect to the Internet through the UC Berkeley network (in a campus office, dorm, etc. or via AirBears), you should be able to access all library resources.
- UC Berkeley Library Proxy Server
- Extending Library Privileges for Unregistered UC Berkeley students graduate students who are completing unfinished course work, or who are on filing fee status, may have their library privileges extended.